I write things. Anything that I like and whatever I want. And I post them here. ;) Please please please don't be a silent reader. xD

26 February 2011

Full House

Full House

Full House is a drama produced in 2004. A quite old drama but it never gets old for me. This graphic-novel adapted drama is one of my first Korean dramas. The main reason I watched this is of course the main actor, Rain.

Han Ji-Eun is a naive writer who got swindled by her childhood friends. Her one and only wealth, the Full House was sold by her friends to an actor named Lee Young-Jae who is somehow got a problem related to her in some circumstance. To get her house back, she finds herself tied in a contract marriage with Lee Young-Jae, the current owner of Full House.

Lee Young-Jae, a famous Asian star is someone who never thinks before doing something and always ends up regretting his decisions. He’s a childish and selfish young man. However, he’s a person who I think have some kind of bipolar disorder since he always portrays a good husband image despite his character’s personality and the contract marriage. This young man is actually in love with his friend from his childhood days but could never get a hold of her since her heart is for someone else.

As Ji-Eun and Young-Jae live together, they begin to develop feelings for each other and started to rely on each of them. He loves to tease her and call her names. Sometimes it’s rude but most of the time I think it’s cute especially when he calls her ‘kko kko’. However, that girl named Kang Hye-Won who initially doesn’t accept Young-Jae’s heart, changed her mind after seeing Young-Jae’s marriage. Seriously, how can a person be very low-minded and cruel? The childish Young-Jae’s heart then starts to waver and soon starting to abandon his so-called wife. Everytime he’s trying to make Ji-Eun happy, Hye-Won is always there to ruin the mood. After his whole mood has become down, he’ll go home and that adorable Ji-Eun will cheer him up again. And believe me, it happens again and again. And yet he’s still blinded by his ‘first love’. Pft! First love, my foot!

Ji-Eun and Young-Jae’s married life is one of the most adorable things I’ve seen. They’ll have fun together then they’ll fight. After that she’ll go to her friend’s house. Then, somehow there’ll be something that’ll bring them back together and Young-Jae will end up picking her from somewhere with his sports car and take her home to Full House. It’s like some kind of cycle all along the drama. 

Toward the end, the drama gets very dramatic, some kind of love-war between the characters starts to become intense, and it’s no fun at all. Usually I’ll skip that part. And yes, I said ‘usually’ because I’ve seen this drama for like hundreds of time that I even know what dialogue will come out next but I never gets tired of it. Cool huh?

However, the drama quickly recovers when the very end episodes are all very sweet, cutesy, adorable, and marshmallow-like story. Young-Jae begins to realise that the person he actually loves is Han Ji-Eun but too bad for him; Ji-Eun already sets her eyes on another guy. Well, a real man got to fight until the end right? He makes plans to get Ji-Eun back. And seeing that selfish man trying so hard really makes me giggle and sometimes sends butterflies in my tummy. Young-Jae owns almost everything in his life. He can do 99% things by himself and that 1% can only be completed by Ji-Eun. At last, of course the hero will win right? Young-Jae finally got his Ji-Eun back and they lived happily ever after. Well, maybe not but let’s just pretend that they do. 

The scene that I love the most is the day after he confessed his true feeling towards his wife. He was okay along the night but the next day, he becomes very shy and embarrassed. The part where he covered his face with a blanket and smiled adorably really made me screamed my lungs out. Why? Like duh! A person with that kind of body build, that kind of charismatic personality and a little bit of princely disease acting all cute like that, he could even kill all the fan-girls all over the world with that kind of smile.

Full House is listed as the must-see drama and I agree 100% with that. This romantic comedy drama has give a lot of laughter to my life and it also tops my most favourite drama list.


No comments:

Post a Comment